Universal Audio Twin MKII
Next-Generation Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound and DUO Core Processing.
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world's most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows - delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin MkII starts with two Unison-enabled mic preamps and stellar next-generation A/D and D/A conversion derived from UA's flagship Apollo 8, 8p, and 16. Together with its included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins - which you can track through in real time with UAD-2 SOLO, DUO or QUAD Core processing - Apollo Twin MkII is born to make records.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
Improved Monitoring and Built-In Talkback Mic
The new Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original - with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII's scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Build a Networked Studio
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Twin MkII makes the perfect intelligent desktop controller for a full Apollo system.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo Twin MkII features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots", and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware. Also dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes like the Ibanez Tube Screamer.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the worlds only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin Mk II lets you tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio softwares buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU. With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more, it's like having an endless analog studio, right on your desktop. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twins gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings.
UAD Powered Plug-Ins Version 9.0
Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt port
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, or 10.12 Sierra
PC computer with built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C port
Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter (sold separately)
Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
6 gigabytes available storage
Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
*Apollo Twin includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separa