Used Condition Technic SL-1200Mkii
SL-1200 features include:
- Magnetic (no wear), direct drive (low slip) mechanism.
- High torque (1.5 kgf·cm or 0.15 N·m), which means the platter spins at the desired speed almost immediately (0.7 seconds to reach 33 ¹⁄₃ RPM from standstill), and rapidly reacquires the desired speed, without "overshooting", if the platter is dragged or nudged. This aids beatmatching.
- Low wow and flutter (0.01%), implying that the platter stays within 1/100 of 1% of the desired speed.
- Heavy base (2.5 kg), and increased isolation of platter from base, reduced the likelihood of feedback or stylus jumping.
- Variable pitch control, allowing the rotational speed to be adjusted from -8% to +8% (for the purpose of beatmatching).
- High reliability: many examples of SL-1200s lasting well over 15 years of heavy use and withstanding physical shock without functional impairment.
- S-shaped tone arm: No longer popular on high end hi-fi turntables
*Product DOES NOT come with accessories; i.e Slipmats, Cover, Needle or Headshell.