QSC KS212C Dual 12" Powered Subwoofer Kit with Padded Cover
QSC KS212C Dual 12" Powered Subwoofer Kit with Padded Cover.
Are you looking for a portable, easy-to-use cardioid subwoofer? Then look no further than the dual 12" QSC KS212C, a single-box powered cardioid subwoofer solution for mobile entertainers, AV production, and rental professionals as well as modestly sized performance venues. The subwoofer features a 3600W Class-D amplifier module that powers two 12", long-excursion drivers in a dual 6th order band-pass design that creates a cardioid polar pattern with -15 dB SPL front-to-rear attenuation. The unit offers a frequency response of 44 to 104 Hz (-6 dB) with a peak SPL of 132 dB (at 1m).
Typically, subwoofers are omnidirectional, radiating in all directions. This results in a build-up of low frequencies on-stage and wasted LF energy at the rear of the system. Sound engineers found a way to create a cardioid (heart-shaped) polar pattern, which removes much of the low energy at the rear of the subwoofers. Unfortunately, this system required the use of subwoofer arrays with multiple enclosures, clever placement, and processing of delay and polarity to redirect the energy.
The KS212C provides all the benefits of a cardioid subwoofer array, but without the headache of multiple enclosures and outboard processing. The single subwoofer can be deployed in a vertical or horizontal position and features M20 speaker pole fittings in either position, while the 15mm Baltic birch enclosure features a rugged paint designed for long-life and lasting durability. The rear panel offers a LCD control module with variable crossover and savable and recallable scenes as well as Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management. There are two combo XLR-1/4" inputs and two XLR "Pass-Thru" outputs. The KS212C ships with a locking IEC power cord.
FIRST CLASS DESIGN:
The QSC KS212C subwoofer represents the world’s first-in-class single-box powered cardioid subwoofer solution for highly portable entertainment and installation applications.
A breakthrough in innovation and design, the 3,600 Watt KS212C subwoofer uniquely provides all the benefits of cardioid deployment in a single, compact enclosure. “Keeping bass in its place” for mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals, as well as modestly-sized performance venues, the KS212C subwoofer is unparalleled in its ability to manage low frequencies on the stage, or any application where undesirable low frequency energy needs to be minimized.
- Compact single-box cardioid solution
- 3600W Class-D amplifier module
- Cardioid pattern provides -15 dB SPL front-to-rear attenuation
- Dual 12", long-excursion drivers; dual 6th order band-pass design
- Variable crossover and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly used applications
- Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged painted wood enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either vertical or horizontal positions with M20 speaker pole fittings in either position
- Optional KS-LOC security cover prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- Complete EASE & CAD information available online