PreSonus StudioLive 32SC 32-Channel Subcompact Digital Mixer Interface
PreSonus StudioLive 32SC Series III S 32-Channel Subcompact Digital Mixer/Recorder/Interface.
The StudioLive 32SC is a compact, rack-mountable 32-channel digital mixer that can be quickly and easily scaled for 16-, 24-, and 32-channel applications. Don't let the road-ready size fool you; the StudioLive 32SC sports a dual-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine powering 40 mixing channels, 26 mix buses, and 286 simultaneous processors—including 4 stereo reverberation systems and Fat Channel plug-in models on every input channel and mix bus. With 128 (64x64) channels of USB recording and AVB network audio I/O, flexible routing options, and studio-grade audio quality, the StudioLive 32SC provides all the tools you need—whether you’re building your dream studio or putting together a pro touring rig.
Designed for live sound reinforcement, live recording, and studio recording applications, the PreSonus StudioLive 32SC is a Series III S 32-channel digital console, recorder, and audio interface in a subcompact, rack-mountable frame. The mixer features an integrated hardware and software system with a full-color touchscreen, 17 touch-sensitive, motorized faders, and 16 recallable XMAX preamps. The powerful dual-core FLEX DSP engine supercharges the mixer with Fat Channel vintage-style EQs and compressors on every channel, plus a four-slot FLEX FX processor that can run heralded digital reverbs and delays. Streamline your workflow with recallable scene presets, virtual sound check, and the supplied software library, which empowers you with remote control from a computer or iPad, remote monitor mixing using a mobile device, and all the software you need to track, edit, mix, and distribute your music.
The StudioLive 32SC boasts eight XLR mic inputs and eight mic/line inputs via XLR-1/4" combo jacks. Additional inputs include four 1/4" aux inputs and a dedicated XLR talkback mic input with phantom power. The mixer provides a balanced XLR mono output, stereo XLR main outputs, 10 analog FlexMix outputs (six XLR, four 1/4" TRS), a pair of 1/4" monitor outputs, and a 1/4" headphone port. A digital AES/EBU output of the main mix is available via a rear-panel XLR socket. Additionally, unbalanced stereo RCA tape inputs and outputs are on hand to hookup a house music source and a separate stereo recorder. Record 32 channels and the main stereo mix to a Class 10 U3 SD card (available separately) via the onboard 34-track SD recorder, or stream 128 channels (64 in each direction) over USB 2.0 to and from your computer. You can even record redundantly to an SD card and a USB host computer at the same time. Take advantage of the StudioLive 32SC's built-in AVB networking capabilities for flexible system expansion, digital patching between networked devices, and more.
We built our reputation designing great-sounding analog circuits for critical studio recording environments, and we put all of that experience into designing the StudioLive 32SC digital mixer. In 1995, PreSonus patented digital control over analog circuits with our first studio product. Building on this legacy, we created a separate digital volume-control circuit ahead of our lauded analog XMAX mic preamp design, providing the convenience of digital recall without sacrificing fidelity. This allows the StudioLive 32SC mic preamps to be remote-controlled with UC Surface software or Studio One®, and when you load a StudioLive 32SC mixer scene, the mic preamp trim values can also be recalled along with the other settings.
THE MOBILE MUSIC RECORDING STUDIO:
PreSonus Capture® recording software is an intuitive multitrack recording application with a fully integrated Virtual Soundcheck mode that runs directly on your StudioLive 32SC digital mixer or on your Mac or Windows computer. Record all 32 channels plus a stereo mix of your choosing via USB, to an SD Card, or both for the ultimate redundant live recording rig. StudioLive mix scenes can be stored with your recordings to speed up virtual soundchecks. Best of all, Capture sessions open natively in Studio One with the entire StudioLive mix scene re-created in the Studio One console, complete with fader levels, Fat Channel settings, mutes, solos, and more. No other multitrack software makes recording as fast, simple, and hassle-free so you can focus on mixing the show.
- Powered by the new dual-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine to provide the most processing of any digital mixer in its class
- 40 input-channel digital mixer with 17 touch-sensitive motorized faders
- 16 local digitally controlled XMAX mic/line inputs
- 16 digital channels (AVB, USB, or SD)
- 2 balanced stereo aux inputs
- 1 stereo tape input (RCA, USB, AVB or SD)
- 4 FLEX FX returns
- 1 Talkback
- 26 mix buses
- 16 FlexMixes (Aux, Subgroup, Matrix)
- 4 dedicated FLEX FX buses
- 4 dedicated subgroups
- Stereo Main bus
- 286 simultaneous processors
- Gate / Expander
- Compressor with Fat Channel plug-in models
- 4-band/6-band parametric EQ with Fat Channel plug-in models
- 31-band Graphic EQ
- 4 FLEX FX slots featuring legendary classic reverb emulations and delays
- State Space-Modeled Fat Channel compressor and EQ plug-ins available on every input channel and output bus
- FLEX FX multi-effects processor with 4 slots to load legendary reverb emulations and delays with 4 dedicated effects buses
- 24 DCAs to control groups of channels
- 128-channel (64x64) recording over USB
- Onboard multi-channel SD recorder (34x34) with true Virtual Soundcheck mode
- AVB Networking onboard (64x64) to connect with other mixers, NSB-series stage boxes, EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers and more
- User Profiles for managing multiple operators with custom permissions
- Per channel digital patching from any analog, AVB, USB, or SD Card source
- DAW Control
- Advanced Studio One control integration
- MCU emulation mode optimized for Logic
- HUI emulation mode optimized for ProTools