Akai APC Key 25
APC Key 25
Ableton Live Controller with Keyboard
The APC Legacy
In 2009, Akai Professional collaborated with the creators of Ableton Live, a powerful music performance and production software environment, and introduced the original Ableton Performance Controller—APC40. The instrument raised the standards of controller design, revolutionized hardware and software integration, and proved to be an essential performance tool for Ableton Live users everywhere. Now, after incorporating five years of user feedback into their development, Akai Professional builds upon this original partnership by introducing three new APCs—APC40 mkII, APC Key 25, and APC mini.
Designed for the performing musician or the conventional composer, APC Key 25 is the first Ableton Live controller from Akai Professional that is equipped with a high-performance keyboard. Uniting the power of a clip-launching panel with a keyboard interface, APC Key 25 couples real-time control of Ableton Live with traditional composition tools: create melodies, compose bass lines, and play chords with 25 synth-action mini keys. Plus, dedicated buttons for Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain expand the expressive capabilities of the keyboard, enabling you to tap into the full melodic range and perform with classic piano-style sustain.
· Ableton Live controller with built-in performance keyboard
· Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
· Clip-launch matrix with tri-color lighting displays current clip status
· 25 synth-action mini keys
· 8 assignable knobs map to Ableton Live and control volume, sends, and more
· Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
· Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain buttons
· USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac